Friday, June 15, 2007

Obsessed Parents








Hey All,




Ok, so it seems we are obsessed with our child based on the blog so far. Yes, its true but in our defense we also have obsessive grandparents who look for photos all the time and this is our means of showing them Ella as she grows and develops before our eyes. She is like a new toy. Now that she is over 2 months, she smiles alot especially when I greet her in the morning and when she does her baby exercises with me. Mike recently discovered she loves her head massaged. One things she seems not to like is Neiman Marcus'. Everytime we go for lunch and meet folks she cries. Silly girl needs to be taught the joys of Neimans. She also has a new routine - smiling, eating a bit, passing out in the middle of feeding for a nap (takes after dad who loves to sleep), crying when waking up and then smiling. Sometimes she cries for quite a while but then smiles again and my heart melts. I have become the biggest sucker.


I am also trying to get into more of a routine myself. We are lucky - Ella sleeps around 6-8 hours a night but sometimes we go back to bed. When I do this, we don't get moving until 11ish which is late. I am now trying to go for a walk with her in the mornings when she first wakes up. That way she gets fresh air before it gets too hot (did I mention we live in an oven?) and I get exercise. Oh, and conveniently we walk right by a Starbucks. Daily coffee makes mommy very happy. Routines seems to be really important for getting things done when a little one comes around.

Other than that, all is good. I am taking Professional Responsibilities in law school which teaches us how to be ethical while yielding our legal power (oxymoron?, you decide!). In case anyone needs legal advice, I can now give it and know my boundaries. It is interesting how professional conduct fluctuates between elliciting info for the sake as ethics and confidentiality that protects clients and allows them to the space to disclose everything for proper legal representation.
Happy Fathers Day to all our favorite family and friend dads. Here are the latest photos of Smushie.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/7822160@N02/sets/72157600366145267/

2 comments:

JJ said...

Yay for more photos! She seems so grown up! I have to come visit soon so I can give her a hug.

Sara said...

I love that her little features are finally coming through and you can see what she is going to look like... what a cutie patootie! Can't wait to see you guys!